09 Aug Of Baby Boomers, Gen X, Millennials And Gen Z
Interesting facts on America’s generational dynamics from recent WSJ blog:
- Greatest Generation (born before 1928)
- Silent Generation (born between 1928-1945)
- Baby Boomers (born between 1946-1964)
- Generation X (born between (1965-1980)
- Millennials (born between 1981-1997)
- Generation Z ( those born after 1997)
A few interesting facts on how our population is evolving:
- Millennials now outnumber baby boomers
- Generation Z is expected to surpass baby boomers and become the second largest population group in the U.S. in the coming years.
- Large population of Millennials and Generation Z are being driven by both births and by immigration.
- Most common ages in the U.S. are (in order): 24, 25 and 23
- Despite the growth in newer generations, Baby Boomers are likely to continue to dominate consumer spending and hold more of the nation’s wealth, as they are in their peak earning years, which typically come in mid-late career. Also, because voter turnout increases with age, boomers will continue to be the most dominant generation in U.S. politics